Goodbye, 2017 – Hello 2018! A brand new year to make new goals and I have plenty that I thought I would share with you guys. Now, before you roll your eyes into the back of your head and think “Oh, no! Here’s another ‘New Year’s Resolution’ post”, I’m here to tell you it’s not.
I have tried resolutions before and let’s be honest, they never last, do they? Have they ever lasted for you? I clearly lack in willpower because I can barely get to mid-January before I want to through my fitness gear into the nearest bin. This year, however, I’ve decided to approach the New Year a little differently. I’m setting myself goals, rather than resolutions and I have a good feeling about it.
It almost feels like a to-do list for the year to finally get myself together, you know? There is so much that needs doing this our house, so many bits to get the landlord to fix, bits & pieces we could be doing etc etc. I want to start doing more exercise, without it becoming too much and putting me off. So I will be giving myself fitness goals to achieve each week – so wish me luck for that!
Then there are aspects of my blog that I would like to improve on, eg. Learn more about SEO, improve my photography, social media coverage and so on. There are so many things and I really do love a shiny New Year, so I am hoping this goal/to-do list will help me out.
Here are my Blog goals for 2018:
- To have a more balanced blog – making sure my sponsored work/ads etc don’t take over. Making sure I have a nice balance of both paid work & personal posts.
- Blogging on particular days, rather than whenever I have a post written up.
- Improving my knowledge of SEO
- Improve my Instagram feed & gain more followers
My Life goals for 2018:
- To eat better
- To exercise more
- To be more organised
- HAVE MORE FUN!
- To get things around the house finished & sorted
- To remember that I need to take care of myself, too. I am forever putting myself last – with everything – and therefore making myself ill.
- To cook more family-style meals
- Being present with my kids more – work can wait.
I think I have transformed into this person who can only ever function with a list. I love lists and I get that’s a little weird but there is no greater satisfaction than ticking each job off when you’ve completed it. You can actually see progress being made and being the disorganised train wreck that I am – I need that in my life!
Tomorrow the Husband goes back to work and I have the first life goal in my diary to achieve – to finish painting my daughter’s bedroom. It’s just a little nook so it will be an hour’s job, tops!
Do you have any resolutions or goals made for the new year? I’d love to hear them.